Saturday, August 30, 2008

John H Alexander

John H. Alexander (son of Thomas) was born 1803 in Ky, and died August 18, 1886 in St. Louis, Missouri. He married 1.Judah Northern December 25, 1828 in Washington County, Indiana. He married 2.Mary Frances Carter[Lucas] January 16, 1841 in Jackson County, Indiana.

Isaac Alexander, b 1850 I believe he died as a child.
John Alexander, b. November 15, 1842, Indiana; d. August 4, 1904, Seymour, Jackson County, Indiana.
Mahala Alexander, b. 1844, Indiana.
Louisa Alexander, b. 1847, Indiana; m. Ephram Wilson, October 27, 1867, Jackson County, Indiana.

My biggest interest right now is finding more information about Judah Northern. About Judah I know little, except that she died before January 16, 1841. I believe she was born in Kentucky though I cannot prove it. I also believe they had at least one child, a son.

Mary Frances was married first to Joel Lucas on July 20, 1826 in Clark County, IN. She liked to call herself Frankie, and it is listed that way on the marriage record. I had always assumed that Joel had died but communication with other researchers has indicated that maybe they were divorced. I know they had at least one child. In the 1840 census of Jackson County she is listed as 30-40 with a male of 5-10 in the household. She and John remained very close to Lucas family members, often listed as a Lucas in the household at the time of a census, so I really don't believe the divorce was a reality. I grew up knowing that Lucas was family.

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!