Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer 2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games


I am participating in the "Summer Games" at the Genea-Blogger Group on Facebook.

I have chosen to compete in 3 events. They are:




1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!
GOAL:
To create 'proper' citations and make inroads into the huge amount of data I have been collecting for years.

3. Organize Your Research!
GOAL:
To have a better organizational system both electronically and hard copy. To add metadata to my system, hopefully better understanding the tools available in Vista and Online.

4. Write, Write, Write!
GOAL:
Practice makes perfect and I'd like to be a better writer. Everthing listed in this catagory/event is something I have vowed to do many times. Not better time to actually get started than the present.
-----------------------------------

Recently I gave up all but my home county on the GenWeb. Over the past 2 years I have relegated my work to secondary status until a health scare forced me to slow down. I had the urge to get my genealogical house in order, so what better way to jump start my research than this?
At the end of the games I want to have a model, or template to follow in the continuation of my own research. I'm hoping I will take a big bite out of the work piled up waiting for my attention as well.

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!