Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day Nine - The Why and What of TwigTalk

I started this blog with the hope that I would have a journal of what I was doing and what I needed to do. It has turned out to be so much more. But my 'mission statement', if you could call it that, is pretty simple.
With this blog I hope to leave a record of bios of the ancestors I have known and those I have heard about all my life. These little bios are tagged as 'TwigTales'. I want these to be available to those researchers that come looking so that they will know something personal about that ancestor. So often the personal is lost and it becomes names and dates. I want those that I have known to be fleshed out as much as I can.
Here you will find stories of my life on a personal level that involve family.
Also you will read about the ups and downs of my research. Those things that work and those that don't. I have made so many mistakes over the years. There are many things I wish I could go back and do over in a different way. I hope that through comments I will get tips on overcoming particular problems I am having.
I also have a big hope of finding others, cousins, that are searching for me and mine.

So far this has become so much more than I envisioned. I have met and made friends. I have learned so much. I thank all of you that read this for taking the time to do so. I would recommend that everyone blog. I thought it would be a waste of time for a long time but I was wrong. I have become a blog-a-holic. I make my rounds daily. So many great ones/so little time! :o)

^..^

------------------------------------------
This post is being pre-published.
It is also a competition blog, covering 2 events.
4. Write, Write, Write!
A. Write a summary of what your blog is about and post it on your blog – you may not have done this since you started the blog and it is a great way to have new readers learn more about your site.
C. Prepare several posts in draft mode (if possible with your blog platform) and pre-publish.

1 comment:

footnoteMaven said...

You haven't just made new friends, you've been one. My BFF!

I'm so glad you're here, blogging just wouldn't be the same without you.

fM

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!