Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer 2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games

I am participating in the "Summer Games" at the Genea-Blogger Group on Facebook.

I have chosen to compete in 3 events. They are:

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!
To create 'proper' citations and make inroads into the huge amount of data I have been collecting for years.

3. Organize Your Research!
To have a better organizational system both electronically and hard copy. To add metadata to my system, hopefully better understanding the tools available in Vista and Online.

4. Write, Write, Write!
Practice makes perfect and I'd like to be a better writer. Everthing listed in this catagory/event is something I have vowed to do many times. Not better time to actually get started than the present.

Recently I gave up all but my home county on the GenWeb. Over the past 2 years I have relegated my work to secondary status until a health scare forced me to slow down. I had the urge to get my genealogical house in order, so what better way to jump start my research than this?
At the end of the games I want to have a model, or template to follow in the continuation of my own research. I'm hoping I will take a big bite out of the work piled up waiting for my attention as well.
Post a Comment