Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day Five

Well, I got a lot done today. I am working on sources as well. Not my favorite task which is why I have a lot to do. But, I have been using Legacy 7 [the free version] for everything so I can see how I like it. So far, so good. I just about gave up and actually quit it and opened FTM. But, once I thought about it I went back to Legacy 7. I want to break the FTM habit, and have decided that I will not buy it again. I wonder which is really the most friendly program; Legacy 7 or RootsMagic? I will be replacing FTM with one of them. I want to make the right decision. It will be the one I will stay with. Price is about the same so it is all in the software. Legacy is a lot different from FTM, and quite frankly seems more complicated. At least I've narrowed it down to 2. I have heard so much about RootsMagic, but I wonder if it is really as friendly as they say. . . .

Here is my new tally:

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!

------------------------------------------
3. Organize Your Research!
A. 26
B. 36
C. 21
D. 32
E. 21
F.
------------------------------------------
4. Write, Write, Write!
A.
B. Done. (http://familytwigs.blogspot.com/2008/08/family-language-or-masondixon-line-runs.html) COG
C.
D.
E.

1 comment:

Miriam Robbins said...

Our genealogical society recently had four presenters give talks on four different software programs: Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic, Legacy, and Reunion for Macintosh.

I am a RootsMagic user and lover, but was also impressed by Legacy. Both programs have trial versions to download. I did download Legacy's, but felt it was visually overwhelming. I'm sticking with RootsMagic and excited to see some of the great new features that will be coming in version 4! This program is very user friendly and yet so professionally done. I always recommend it to my Online Genealogy students, and well, to everyone!

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!