Monday, February 5, 2018

Henry Hovis - The Conclusion (for now)

I realized after the last post on Henry Hovis that I had not listed his family or his data. Writing his story was impossible without that. So this will be the last of Henry for the time being.

Henry was born June 1, 1840 in Noble County, Ohio. His parent were Henry and Sarah Hoke Hovis. I've been told that the Hoke was probably a misspelling of Hogg/Hogue. I haven't proven or disproven that yet. But I have found a Sarah Hogg that fits.

Henry married Elizabeth Ellen Bohall July 9, 1864 in Nashville, Indiana (Brown County). She was the daughter of George David Bohall and Catherine Ellen Draper.

Henry and Elizabeth had 4 children: Mary C. born in 1865, Seth, birth date unknown to me so far, Margaret, known as Maggie, my great-great-grandmother, born in 1869 and Martha Jane, born in 1871.

I feel like I am missing some things. But it is a pretty full story of Henry.

#Hovis #genealogy

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!