Wednesday, August 9, 2023

WikiTree Wednesday - A New Thread


I think this is WikiTree Wednesday now. Maybe I need to stick with this one. I have added John S. Dye to my Hovis Family. Sarah Ann Hovis is the daughter of Henry and Sarah Hoke Hovis.  Sarah Ann is my third great Grandaunt. She married John S. Dye in 1865 in Indiana. Here they are at WikiTree:


  • John S. Dye [Dye-3749]
  • Sarah Ann Hovis [Hovis-417]
  • Armina V. Dye [Dye-4278]
  • James Albert Dye [Dye-4279]
  • Henry Elmore Dye [Dye-4280]
  • Louis Clarborn Dye [Dye-4281]
  • William D. Dye [Dye-4282]
I'm still looking for children. I am certain that I have missed a couple. But the interesting thing about John is that on Ancestry I found his death cert. It lists his parents as James Dye and Sarah Fankbener.  (Crazy name, right? First for me! I have to say it sounds like something I would say when speaking angrily to another in front of children. Sigh. Okay, back to the story.) The only James Dye I have found in the right place and with a son named John S., born in 1839 is a James and Maria Dye, in Salem Ohio. A tree on Ancestry has Maria listed as Maria Guyton.  According to the tree they were married in 1833. Also, according to the tree, Maria died in 1875 and James married a Sarah Maring in 1877. Maring is a lonnnnng way from Fankbener.  No sources to check.  The informant on the death cert was Albert Dye, I have to assume it's James Albert Dye, his son. I have found 1850 and 1860 census records of this family. They are in Salem, Ohio. My John was born in Ohio. I don't know how he came to Indiana, but his family is listed in the 1870 census in Ohio, but John is gone by then.  My John married Sarah Hovis in 1865 in Indiana. He would have been around 25 at the time.  

So now I need to find the true parents. I'm hoping for a Fankbener quite frankly. I want that in my tree.

On another note, on Friday they cut down a tree right outside my window. Perfect tree, sat there for at least 40 years, maybe more. When I opened the blind this morning there were limbs and leaves everywhere. I slept through the night, so if there was a wind, I missed it. Nothing on the patio was bothered. Maybe a little wind came up and the other trees in their grief just let it go. I know I have mourned the loss myself. (I still have all my limbs, though.)



No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!