Thursday, November 12, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday - Grandma's Recipes


I did not know this box existed. It was my grandmother's (Della M. Jaynes) recipe box. She mostly didn't use recipes, so I was surprised when my Mother showed this to me.

I don't know yet what I am going to do with all of these. I've barely had time to go through them. Most are written out in her hand, some are from ladies she from her church and some cut from magazines and ready to fall apart.
So my treasure this time is a new find. That is always exciting!!
Anyone have suggestions? What would you do with them?

3 comments:

Earline Hines Bradt said...

I would put a cookbook together probably at Springnote.com. They have recipe templates and I would download it after I was done and print it out. It's free.

familytwigs said...

Now that is a handy, dandy notebook! I did not know it had templates. I'll have to go fully 21st century and 'cloud compute'. It really is great. I could share it too, it looks like.
Thanks for your comment, Earline!

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Sheri,

You have been award the new Kreativ Blogger Award.
You can pick up the new Kreativ Blogger Award at
Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories
http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/2009/11/kreativ-blogger-award-thanks-frances.html

Thanks for telling your stories.

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!