Monday, May 21, 2018

Anna Clara Alexander Part 1

A Productive Weekend!

This past weekend I had a lot of success on several fronts! The one I am going to talk about today is my grandmothers favorite aunt, Annie Alexander. She was reported to be very sweet and funny. I did not know her middle name until this weekend. She was actually Anna Clara Alexander.

I knew she had been married more than once, I knew that. I thought she married a Lane and when he died, a man named Fish  I found that she was married 4 times! Surprise! This was a really big surprise to me. I have checked and rechecked her birth date with every source I can find and the outcome of that is horrible to me. If her birth date is truly March 12, 1879, which every source except a census says, she was first married at 12. Even my program screams at that one. This kind of thing makes me crazy.

Husband number one was David Lane, who was 20 when he married Anna. He and Anna married on December 12, 1891. He died November 4, 1920. He left 6 children and widow. But all is not as it seems.

I can't find one of the six children. Perhaps that one I can't find was a second marriage on his part?

Husband number 2 was James A. Wright. I had heard of husband number one and three. Not this guy. I have little on him so far. But he and Anna married on the 11th of April, 1905. You know what that means? She was divorced from David Lane. What?

Number 3 was Ryan Fish. I knew that she was married to him. They married in 1921. My grandmother always called her Anna Fish. Simple, right? Not so much. Very confusing actually. I don't know when Mr. Fish died. I must find that date.

Husband number 4 was Alonzo Borders, also known as Lon. They married on August 28, 1947. Anna was 68 when married this time. Sad fact about this is it didn't last long. Alonzo died in 1953 in Indianapolis. He listed Anna as his wife, who died 2 years previously.

Now, Anna died at her daughter Fern's house in Indianapolis in 1950. Mr. Borders died in Pike Nursing Home in Indianapolis in 1953. Her obit says her survivors are her children (5), and Lon Borders. They both listed their home address as rural Jackson County, Indiana. Anna was 70 when she died and Lon Borders was 75. They had went to live with Fern, Anna's daughter, in their last years.

I'll flesh these people out more and write the story with sources then. I even have a photo of her I will add then. What a surprise this has been! And another reminder that what we call pedophilia now, they simply thought of as normal. I hate this. But I keep running onto it.


No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!