Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Was It Fact or Fiction?

Well, it was evenly split, 3 fact and 3 fiction. That's not leaning one way or the other. So, I guess it's time to tell you the truth.


This is George Thomas Jaynes, better known as 'Old Tom'. He was my maternal great-grandfather. Writing the story was not hard to do. It flowed. Funny, I could hear my grandmother's voice as I wrote. You see, the story is true. I interviewed many in the early days. They all told pretty much the same story, only their own eye-witness accounts were a little different. Everything I wrote was fact. There was more that I did not write because I knew that you would not believe it all.

My curiosity about this man has not waned at all. I am stuck on his grandfather, David Jaynes of Metcalf County, KY. So I know little more about his background than I did when I began.


So, are you surprised or disappointed?

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!