Thursday, June 15, 2023

Summer Work


  I've found I cannot work with RootsMagic anymore. I really hate RootsMagic8, so I did not buy version 9. I love Rootsmagic7 but. when I added several people and they simply are gone, I decided after wasting a week trying to find out why, and fix it, that I need to move on. It is moving in a different direction than I am. I just wanted to get as much of the research done as I could, and have it organized as much as possible.  I'm getting old, and I had bought Legacy9 some time ago. If I have to learn a new one, then so be it. 

I have to say that once the decision was made to learn Legacy, I have enjoyed the process. I still have much to learn about the program, but I can say I am no longer lost when I go in to work. Right now, I am cleaning up and adding all of my photos. Next is getting all of my sources, which I am ashamed to say have piled up, in the program. By then I think I will be fairly competent in Legacy. I want to have this done by the end of summer. It is a big job. If I had to make such a big jump though, I wanted to get everything cleaned up. I have learned that the programs charting abilities are awesome!

Working as well to add WikiTree numbers to each ancestor. I clean up their profiles on the site as I check them. By clean up I mean that I organize the sources onsite, add to their bio if I can, and make sure that all the sources for that person is onsite. 





No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!