Wednesday, February 2, 2022

New Roads


 So, this is the year for something a little different. I think this year I need to focus on something I have not done so far. Descendancy research and my brick walls. I know I am slow getting started, but we've just passed Chinese New Year so I may not be so far off in starting. Hope the Year of the Tiger is kind to taking new avenues for research.

The thing about staying with a genealogy software for so long is 1) liking the program and 2) not having a large learning curve to fight in the middle of research. I am using RootsMagic 7 still. I like it and I know it. I don't have to stop my entering and try to find something, nor do I have to click so many times to get to the place I need. RootsMagic 8 has gotten no easier to maneuver and it takes so many clicks to get anywhere. I cannot find anything without spending so long looking that I just want to stop working altogether. To many times I have had to realize that what I am looking for is not there. Even how it presents seems awkward. The word "clunky" comes to mind every time I open it. I'm so sorry I bought it, and I will not continue with RM after version 7. I trusted RM, and got disappointed. I will continue to use RM7 until it starts not being cooperative, as it is not supported any longer. Meanwhile I will check out other programs. 

Today we are waiting for snow.  It’s been missing us all year and I am not believing them yet. Yes, I do love snow so it will make me happy if it hits us. 


No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!