Monday, April 20, 2020

The Here and Now

I think everyone is feeling stressed right now. I usually don't get out much and I am an introvert, but still I feel a lot of stress,. Also that horrible feeling of being locked in. I have been reminding myself that this is not really much different than my usual days, but somehow it's not working. I don't believe me. I am still stressed. I still feel like I'm going to break, or most likely scream. I should think that everyone is feeling the same.

As you can see in the photo, I am doing my important reading. My dad always called the Sunday comics pages, the funnies. They got passed around. (ca. 1967 or '68)

This was the year I was going to get everything in order,  organized, connected, and just generally perfect. I am working on it. Today it was get the blog in order. Clean it up. Renew it. This is still TwigTalk, but I have realized that I am one of the twigs. So I am adding myself and my interests here with all my genealogy.

I have gotten quite a bit done. I still have a huge list. It is only April, but I feel like it is time to put the tree up 'cause this year of hell must surely be about over. I know, I know, deep breath, relax. I'm good. Really.

In the good news department, my sister found me a package of toilet paper. How exciting is that!? I have not found a bottle of alcohol, that I would have needed anyway, nor a bag of flour. I did have a new bag of flour in the pantry from January, so I am very lucky there. I will need another bag sometime in the near future. I had masks left from the 2 years I had to wear them after the BMT. I will probably make a few myself, the ones that can be washed.

Who knew what excitement 2020 would bring. Or the sheer terror it would inspire in the vulnerable. I have quite a few in my family that fit that category, including myself.  Everyone please take care of yourself and be well.

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!