Friday, July 27, 2018

52 Ancestors 52 Weeks - Week 30

Rebecca Ellen Bannister

Rebecca, known as Becky, was born November 19, 1947, in Jennings County, Indiana.  Her parents were Margaret Jeanette Carmer and Alvin Bannister.  She had 2 brothers and 2 sisters.  I really can't say much about her family because many are still living.  Becky is my son-in-laws mother, and I very much wish she had been able to meet her grandchildren.  I wish she could see the fine man her son became.

She died the 23rd of May, 1988, in Indianapolis, Indiana.  She was another victim taken by breast cancer.  She was only 40 years old.  My son-in-law was only 17 when she died.  I have always been so sorry she missed the grandkids and all the joys of the family.  I don't want them to forget she existed, that she was taken away, tragically.  I'm sure she had dreams of what her sons lives would bring.

Her son has been ill recently, which made me wish he had his mother here to see him through this tough spot. So she has been on my mind.  She is family, even though I never got to meet her.  I am sorry I did not get to know her, to share the kids, all their joys and troubles.

She will not be forgotten.

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!