Sunday, May 18, 2008

What's Up?

Right now, I am trying to learn how to relax and attempting to figure out the new toys. Diigo is pretty simple to add bookmarks to, but seems to have so much more which I am trying to explore. Technorati I don't understand at all yet. Twitter? I don't know...... I don't think I need that. I have a MySpace. Now there is TiddleyWiki. I think I understand that one and have tried it just a little. It is interesting and looks like it will be helpful. I haven't had the time for a long while to explore anything. I feel like I have missed out.

I started adding my files on WeRelate some time ago. It requires a lot of time. There are those who have been saying 'Oh it has gotten so easy' but I have not found it so. I have not been able to use the search there with any results. Mostly just my own pages come up. But I don't know that until I have clicked on them. Nor has anyone attempted to contact me or is 'watching' my pages. Just a cousin I told to join so she could add anything she wanted. She hasn't. Now I found a discussion about the pros and cons of deleting 'dead' gedcoms that have not been sourced out. I never put my sourced file up until I know how things work and if the site is going to go to a pay site once it has a large number of files. So, I am giving it thought. I know I want to add my files to the New FamilySearch when it is available. Perhaps I should just delete the WeRelate and wait. Hmmmmmm. What to do.

I have found a great place for explanations of these new toys from a genealogical perspective. It is the Family Matters section of MoltrieCreek.

My goal is to make contact. I just have to find the right spot.

And in the middle of it all, my daughter keeps saying, "Mom, you're supposed to relax!"
Maybe I'll just take a nap.

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!