Saturday, December 13, 2008

Welcome to Our Christmas - Christmas Tour of Blogs

Here I am, ready to welcome you. All dressed up with the itchy petticoats. It's 1960 and I am almost 6. I'm off to sing in the choir at the Christmas Program. Come on in and I'll tell you about Christmas' past and present.
I bought these icicles in 1973 at a mall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was on a trip to visit my Aunt and Uncle who lived there. I love Milwaukee. Love the foghorns, the lake and the excitement of the city. My eldest daughter was 8 months old.

This ornament was on that 1960 tree. It is one of the ornaments I have kept, a memory from my childhood. We had happy Christmas'. I crocheted a bunch of snowflakes one year. They made the cut this time and are on the tree.

My youngest daughter made me a set of these beaded ornaments several years ago. They catch the light nicely. I think she did a wonderful job.

This ornament was on my parents first tree. I was always fascinated by these. As a child I loved the way the light caught them.
Well I could go on and on, and show a thousand photos, but I won't. You'd go away before I was finished.
So, from my home to yours. . . . . . . . . . . . . .


from Cali and the rest of us. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Have a very Merry Christmas!



written for: Christmas Tour of Blogs


3 comments:

Miriam Robbins said...

Our cat also loves our tree; I'm sure she thinks we've put it up for her benefit! Nearly every morning, we awake to find Tessa has taken yet another ornament off the tree to play with during the night.

familytwigs said...

I found the really large ornament hooks and used them on the bottom ornaments, wrapping the hook tightly around the branch. She can play a little without them falling off. I am afraid if she breaks one it will get in her foot or worse.
Not fun to remove when it's time though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour! Pretty kitty.

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!