Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas 1958

This was Christmas 1958. I was almost 4. Some of the ornaments on this tree I still have. I keep them put away most of the time. This year, I am not hiding them. The name of this years tree is, 'Through the Years'. I put away the fancy ones and got out the old ones. Ornaments from my childhood and my children's childhood.

My brother was one in '58. You can see his presents. This photo must have been taken before we got out of bed. I can assure you it was not that neat after we got a hold of everything. I remember all those toys.

My brother was a real pain. Funny though. I would have missed him terribly if he had gone away. It's a lot more fun having a fellow explorer.


2 comments:

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

What a wonderful picture. I can tell you and your brother must have been very good that year for Santa did a great job bringing you both all those presents! I especially love the little phone and the play house! Thanks for sharing.

Greta Koehl said...

That Christmas tree looks so much like the ones we had when I was little. Which makes sense, because I'm just about exactly a year older than you....

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!