Monday, June 4, 2018

Problems to Solve and Graduates!

I've had some trouble with RootsMagic. This was really upsetting because I have never had any trouble with it before, and I did not have a second program to fall back on. RootsMagic had hic-uped or something and I had a second entry of one family that was not filled in. It was like an addition of the family before I worked on it, filling in the details and sources. I don't know how to explain it. I know that it was added recently because I often run the merge to see if I have 2 instances of anyone in the file. I want the file clean and not full of mistakes. So, I had run that and not found any doubles. I spent 3 days trying to figure it out. Then this past weekend I ran merge and it did not find anything. Even though I could see the second instance of the family in the sidebar. I ran it again and had empty merges show up. I am not sure that even makes sense. I will be removing RootsMagic and putting on a clean copy to try to ensure that it is fixed, whatever is broken. 

I opened my RootsMagic today and all the media links are broken. I have not moved it or the photos. I have done nothing. I am worried about my file. Something is going on.

I bought Legacy Family Tree this weekend for my second program. I am not fond of the program but in reviewing all the programs on the market, I have decided this is the best choice. I will have to learn how to use it correctly. Perhaps that will change my mind about it. I will look for videos on it this week.

This weekend I had 2 nephews and a grand-nephew graduate from high school. Same school! That is a big week!

No comments:

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!