Monday, April 30, 2018

Shaky Leaves and a Headache

Question? What do you get when you subscribe to Ancestry? (answer above)

I subscribed to Ancestry this year. First time since the turn of the century. Sounds dramatic, doesn't it? Anyway, a lot has changed there. This leaf/hint thing. I think it was created to make me feel pressure. My original plan was to take a 6 months sub and check to see what they have there for my ancestors. I don't think that this is going to work. I have been working my way through my hints, one at a time, and getting them in my program. It's going to take a while. I still have 4,206 hints to go. My sub is up in July. Do you think I will make it? This is for my small tree. I didn't put the monster up, my huge tree. I did the Genealogy Do-Over and the tree that I work on now is so much smaller. Just over 2000. So, I would have been totally over-whelmed if I had put the old one up.

I find the search to be a little frustrating. Also, I have not been very successful in making contacts. I have only gotten one reply from a message. So far. Still hopeful.

Today when I signed in, my top bar does not list anything. No Trees or anything. I had to go to my profile to get to my tree. Hmmmm. Maybe they will throw me out for having so many hints left to go through. It seems that every time I get a hint taken care of 3 more pop up.

I was really hoping to find something, anything, about Beatrice Brown Beard. I have almost run out of options. I was excited to find her in 10 Family Trees. I went through each one. I found out I have more information about her than any of them. So, back to the drawing board.

I have a lot of work to do. I think it is going to take more than 6 months to do it. What do you think?

Correction: Top bar popped in after an hour or so. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I mivht like this website.
He was totally right. This post ttruly made my day.

You cann't imagine simply howw much time I had spent for this info!
Thanks!

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!