I have recieved this award from 4 fellow bloggers. Felicia from Our Family As A Whole,
Taylorstales-Genealogy, Colleen at Orations of OMcHodoy, and Earline from AncestralNotes.
The award requires me to name 10 things that make me happy and then name 10 blogs that I want to send this award to.
What makes me happy:
1. My family. They have been around lately helping me, so recovery has been a happy time. My daughter, in particular, is my joy.
2. Living in the time period we now live in. Studying ancestor lives should make everyone happy that it is 2010. Our lives are so much nicer, easier and cleaner than our ancestors. So I am happy to be in the 21st Century!
3. My Family History work. I don't have to tell you why that makes me happy, right?
4. My volunteer work for the GenWeb. I am hoping that I can keep up during my recovery. I love my work and it brings a joy to life that surprises me all the time!
5. My reading and studying. I have other things I am interested in and do a lot of reading about them.
6. The new social nature of the genealogy community, and all the people I have met through the networks. We no longer stumble along in lonely solitude. How exciting it has been!
7. My collection of family heirlooms. Having the things that were so important, or were made by my ancestors around me brings great comfort and lovely memories. Seeing the quilt that my Grandma made causes my heart to swell with happiness and love. She was the wisest and most loving woman I have known.
8. My computer. It sets here waiting for me to go on an adventure from my home. It holds many of the answers I seek. It lets me visit places I could only wonder about before. I am very happy sitting here.
9. My furry little friend makes me happy.
10. Two arms, two legs and no pain.
Life is just a Bowl of Cherries
Relatively Curious About Genealogy
Before My Time
Tiger Tulip Designs (my daughters blog)
Ancestors Live Here