Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sad News Today

When I was growing up I had a best friend. As it happens many times 'best friends' sometimes grow apart and lose contact over the years. I had a best friend many years ago that I lost contact with. I saw her again a few couple of years ago when my father died. Shortly after, her son was diagnosed with cancer. He was only a year older than my youngest daughter. I kept up with his mighty fight to beat it. I thought often of her helpless agony.
My brother came by and told me that Josh had lost the battle yesterday. It is a tragic thing that simply can't summed up in a few words. My heart and prayers are with his mother, Beth, and his young family.

3 comments:

Virginia Hill said...

Sheri, how terribly sad and how devastated his family must be. My thoughts are with you all.

footnoteMaven said...

Sheri - My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

Cancer is a terrible thief. It steals young and old. It steals family and future.

I pray for an end to cancer in my lifetime.

fM

familytwigs said...

Thank you both for responding. I think every mother worst fear is to outlive her child.
I am sure Beth appreciates all the thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

RootsTech!

 Today is the day!!!!